MAIL TO INTERACTIVE

Jim Deitch jdeitch at jadpc.cts.com
Tue Mar 12 02:41:20 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar11.024148.19030 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>nealpo at b1.ism.isc.com (Neal Pollack) writes:
>>this is beyond most users.  I do not expect that mail, mailx, or things
>>like elm will put this header in for you, though I could be corrected.
>
>You can do this with ELM by adding the line:
>
>	Return-Receipt-To: your_login_goes_here
>
>into the elmheaders file in the ~/.elm directory.
>
>--
>Conor P. Cahill            (703)430-9247        Virtual Technologies, Inc.
>uunet!virtech!cpcahil                           46030 Manekin Plaza, Suite 160
>                                                Sterling, VA 22170

I would recommend against putting it in the elmheaders file.

got back 250 return receipts.  The problem in the elmheaders file is
that you cannot edit it out for such things.  It gets inserted after
you tell Elm to send the mail.  A better place would be when elm asks
if you want to send the mail, just tell it (u)ser defined header and
then insert the line there.  I posted about this in comp.mail.elm 2-3
weeks ago.  All I got back was a guy saying the above to me.  No word
from Syd or anyone else.

Jim
ARPANET:    jadpc!jdeitch at nosc.mil
INTERNET:   jdeitch at jadpc.cts.com