MAIL TO INTERACTIVE

Grant DeLorean grant at bluemoon.uucp
Wed Mar 13 06:39:19 AEST 1991

richard at pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:

>>ISC uses sendmail.  Sendmail does support the return receipt, however,
>>most user level mail programs that make and send your message do not.

 The sendmail ISC supplied (at least the one I got from them with 2.2)
was brain dead. It spawned several copies of itself daily, none of which
would go away and after a couple of days crash the system. Thankfully,
smail 3.1 is around...

>Since ISC's mailx has some really nasty bugs (at least in 2.0.2), I'd
>imagine that many sites have installed replacement mailers like elm,
>mush, etc.  I think most of these will actually allow you to edit the
>header fairly easily (unlike mailx).

 The mailx with 2.2 was OK (as OK as mailx gets...). It doesn't hurt
to install ELM anyway, much nicer. :-}

>Just so people here don't get the wrong idea, here's one vote that
>says Ten Plus isn't worth the price of the floppies they ship it on.
>Just my opinion but, what a waste of time.  Too bad you can't return
>junk software like you can junk books.

 I'll second that vote. I know at least 3 other folks who agree too (we
don't even install it anymore).

 Hmm, I just realized this is a sort of negative post. It isn't meant
that way, I really think ISC is the best game in town at this time.
--
 Grant DeLorean  (grant at bluemoon)    {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!grant

"You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a