BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX - WHERE IS THE FIX ?????

William G. Bunton wgb at balkan.TNT.COM
Sun Mar 10 23:35:39 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar09.064720.19307 at ddsw1.MCS.COM> karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:
>In article <KTRODMM at dobag.in-berlin.de> lumpi at dobag.in-berlin.de (Joern Lubkoll) writes:
>>Hello,
>>
>>interactive told us that the fix for the u-block bug would be
>>available 22.2 1991, but until now there wasn't any reaction !
>>
>>My german vendor told me, that there isn't a fix yet !
>>
>>So WHERE IS IT ????
>>
>>jl
>
>According to the sources I have with a major distributor of ISC, there is no
>fix yet.  I hammered them on this yesterday (again).
>
>ISC, THE WORLD IS GETTING PISSED OFF AT YOU.  CRAP OR GET OFF THE POT,
>GIVE US ALL A REFUND, OR LETS ALL SUE FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE!

Well, Karl, in response to the posting from lumpi, in article
<2035 at ssbn.WLK.COM> Bill Kennedy wrote (on 7 March, 1991):

>Mine was in todays mail.

He also gives kudos to Marty S. at ISC, which I heartily endorse.

I guess I could give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you
have a slow news feed.  But then again, on past experience I'd say
that you seem to have a very fast one.  And we all know you don't like
ISC.  Seems to me that ISC has gotten off the pot and walked well
away.  I'll leave it to everyones imagination as to where this leaves
you.

And speaking of a refund.  ISC certainly doesn't owe you a refund
(read your license).  If anything, you ought to pay them for all the
hate you've spewed out over the net.  But I'll be happy to take your
copy off your hands for, say, $50.  Think about it, if everyone else
is truly behind you then that's the best offer you'll ever get.

--
William G. Bunton              | An engineer is a man who can do for five bob
wgb at balkan.tnt.com             | what any bloody fool can do for a quid.