BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX - WHERE IS THE FIX ?????

Neal Pollack nealpo at b1.ism.isc.com
Tue Mar 12 03:39:24 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar09.064720.19307 at ddsw1.MCS.COM> karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:

>According to the sources I have with a major distributor of ISC, there is no
>fix yet.  I hammered them on this yesterday (again).
>
>ISC, THE WORLD IS GETTING PISSED OFF AT YOU.  CRAP OR GET OFF THE POT,
>GIVE US ALL A REFUND, OR LETS ALL SUE FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE!
>--
>Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
>Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 808-7300], Voice: [+1 708 808-7200]

Karl:

You really did wake up on the wrong side of the bed.
Regarding;

>According to the sources I have with a major distributor of ISC, there is no
>fix yet.  I hammered them on this yesterday (again).

Your sources are wrong.  Why do you not call the accurate source?
Call ISC support, the fix is out.  If this is too much trouble, try
sending mail to support at ism.isc.com, since we DO answer that also.
Really Karl, we do not bite.  Just try talking to us.  If you are
using a legal copy of the software, even if you do NOT have a support
contract, ANYONE can contact us for the security fix.  I suggest that
you tell your distributor to report more accurate information.  They
should contact us also.

Regarding;

>ISC, THE WORLD IS GETTING PISSED OFF AT YOU.  CRAP OR GET OFF THE POT,
>GIVE US ALL A REFUND, OR LETS ALL SUE FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE!

Since we did release the fix, why are you becomming so angry?  Do you
speak for the entire world?   Can I expect stealth bombers to begin
straffing ISC headquarters?  With regard to the "other" statement,
I am not on the pot, thank you.

Disclaimer:   I am simply an internal staff person (postmaster).  I do
not work for support or development.  The statements above are only
my opinions.  I believe and agree that the problem was "bad", and do
not wish to discuss what has already been beat well past death on the
net.  However, I also believe that the support team, Marty Stewart, and
the small group of developers did a fine job developing a fix in short
order, testing it through the weekend, sending it out to duplication,
packaging it, and making it available.  We really are trying, and we
are NOT the enemy Karl.

Sincerely,

Neal Pollack
Postmaster at ism.isc.com