Berkley sockets

Alan M. Carroll carroll at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 15 05:36:19 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar14.122151.21216 at virtech.uucp>, cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
> dcvint at lion.uwaterloo.ca (Dee Vint) writes:
>
> >Does anybody know of an implementation of Berkely sockets for SCO (or any other)
> > System V unix system?
> I have used ISC's version and it appears
> to work fine (i.e. I have had no problems porting socket code between
> my system and other BSD systems).

A problem that I have had (2.0.2) with ISC is that if I have a socket
that is a passive socket, and I poll() on it, waiting for input,
poll() does _not_ return when another process connects to the socket
(neither does select())..  This means that if I want to read/write on
connected sockets _and_ listen for new connections, I lose.

--
Alan M. Carroll                "I hate shopping with the reality-impaired"
Epoch Development Team                 - Susan