Dumb serial port for SVR4?

Mark McWiggins mark at intek01.uucp
Thu Mar 28 12:19:19 AEST 1991

I need to add a third serial port to my Intel SVR4 box.  Shouldn't
I just be able to buy any generic board w/port configurable to COM3,
tweak /etc/conf/sdevice.d/asy, and rebuild the kernel?  This would just
be for a UPS to talk to; I don't need anything smart.

I just want to make sure there's nothing more complicated about this
that I'm missing ... I know smart ports require their own drivers, but
I presume that since my two existing ports work OK, a third dumb port
should be OK too.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
--
Mark McWiggins			Integration Technologies, Inc. (Intek)
+1 206 455 9935			DISCLAIMER:  I could be wrong ...