MAIL TO INTERACTIVE (cheap shots

Dick Dunn rcd at ico.isc.com
Wed Mar 20 11:20:22 AEST 1991

jim at tct.uucp (Jim Kunzman) writes:
> Hmmm, a recent article in UNIX World stated that 80% of all installed
> 80x86 systems were SCO UNIX systems.  Given that, and the fact that
> 80% of all commp.unix.sysv386 problem/bug reports are with ISC UNIX
> :-(, you might rethink your position!  Judging by the traffic here,
> either ISC UNIX has a lot of problems, poor support and/or
> documentation, or a huge newbee base. :-)

Nah, we've seen this flame before.  Truth be known, most of the 80% figure
represents Xenix systems.  Xenix has its own newsgroup.  But hey, it's OK--
as the saying goes, "A cheap shot is a terrible thing to waste!"

Perhaps only ISC users are doing anything sophisticated or interesting
with their systems!  (See, I'll take the cheap shot when it's offered.:-)

(tct?  You pinch-hitting for Chip S?  Usually he gets first shot at
these...)
--
Dick Dunn     rcd at ico.isc.com -or- ico!rcd       Boulder, CO   (303)449-2870
   ...Relax...don't worry...have a homebrew.