ESIX and Caching Motherboards

Jim Deitch jdeitch at jadpc.cts.com
Sun Mar 31 09:28:15 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar29.063058.18124 at jwt.UUCP> john at jwt.UUCP (John Temples) writes:
>In article <824 at oss670.UUCP> tkevans at oss670.UUCP (Tim Evans) writes:
>>	"Our Acer's 32kb onboard cache must be disabled for
>>	proper installation.  The same is probably true for
>>	other machines with caches."
>
>ESIX runs without a hitch on my cached system.  This "reviewer" is
>rather bold to make such a statement based on a sample size of one.
>--
>John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)

Please note that he said "proper installation".  That does not mean
running.  I have seen a similar problem with Novell.  They say to
properly install the 2.x and 3.X products, you should disable caching, install
the package, then reneable caching to run the product.  Not sure why..
Could be the same thing for esix.

Jim
ARPANET:    jadpc!jdeitch at nosc.mil
INTERNET:   jdeitch at jadpc.cts.com