Western Digital Ethernet Cards

Michael Squires mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Fri Mar 22 02:20:02 AEST 1991

(mail bounced)

In article <211 at gouche.UUCP> grant at gouche.UUCP (Grant Munsey) writes:
>I am about to set up an ethernet/nfs network 'twixt a 386
  stuff deleted
>with this card using its 10baseT connector. I have a Adaptec 1542b,
>Orchid Prodesigner II vga and AST 4 port cards in the 386 right now. Any
>known hangups with adding the WD card to this setup?

I tried briefly to use a WD8013 with an Orchid ProDesigner II; it failed to
boot DOS (controller was a WD1007V).  Replacing it with an Oak got the system
to boot.  I tried various configurations but nothing seemd to work; I assume
that I need to move the WD memory out of the Orchid Pro II region but got bored
before I tried that out.

On the positive side I've found the WD cards to be super reliable; we use
the 8-bit version here in large numbers.  This message is being entered
on a 486/25 using a WD8003EPR under SCO ODT 1.0, and the WD is very solid.
--

Mike Squires (mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu)     812 855 3974 (w) 812 333 6564 (h)
mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu          546 N Park Ridge Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408
Under construction: mikes at sir-alan.cica.indiana.edu