Dell UNIX compatibility question

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Mar 4 12:53:40 AEST 1991

In article <27CAE13D.237A at tct.uucp> jim at tct.uucp (Jim Kunzman) writes:
| Dell's UNIX SysVR4 looks like a tempting deal; however, Dell
| apparently doesn't seem interested in speculating about how well their
| UNIX will run on a non-Dell system.  This seems natural enough so I
| would like to inquire about problems others may have had installing
| Dell's OS on other platforms.

  When I was beta testing it I ran on every spare system I could find. I
had a serious problem finding a machine I could dedicate to it
initially, so it got run on SX's, old moss covered Compaq's, etc. I
found that about anything with a 386, 8MB, and some kind of disk
controller which looked like a WD or 1542 would run, and any reasonable
tape drive would, too.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX