ISC 2.2 Hangs on disk I/O

Metallica Rules savage at tigger.Colorado.EDU
Sat Mar 30 19:43:29 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar16.133513.428 at saturn.uucp> martin at saturn.UUCP (Martin J. Schedlbauer) writes:
>In article <27DD916A.14624 at orion.oac.uci.edu> drector at orion.oac.uci.edu (David Rector) writes:
>>
>>   The problem:
>>     Some times during disk I/O, the disk light will just stay on solid
>>     and the system is locked up.  I can not get any response other than
>>     turning the stupid thing off.

Yes, I had this problem as well, but it only happened when I was in vpix.
Since then, I have re-partioned my hard-drive to be just unix... Which
freed up about an extra 50Mg for me and now I don't have the problem any more.
During the repartioning I increased my swap space by about 5-10Mg's as well.
Either by having more swap space or having more than 5 Mg's free on my HD, I
know have 47MG's free, cleared up the problem for me.

Chuck Savage
savage%tigger at boulder.colorado.edu