Adaptec ESDI

Frank Huemme frank at mute.ruhr.de
Tue Mar 5 02:59:56 AEST 1991

Hello,
the last year I used a WD 1006 RLL Controller in my 386SX 16MHZ.
A few Days ago I baught a (used) Adaptec 2322A ESDI Controller with
a Toshiba Drive. First Test under DOS, only 520KB Transferrate,hmmm,
my old RLL Controller got 650KB.
Then the Test with SCO-Unix, terrible slow.
Low-Level format with Interleave 1:1 , the same Testresults.
Then I got a 2322B Adaptec from a friend, the same 520 KB Transfer with DOS,
but much better with Unix ( I guess the same Speed as the RLL Controller).
What Differences are at the Adaptec 2322A or B ?
Is a 16 Mhz SX to slow to use 1:1 Interleave ?

	Frank
Frank Huemme , 4600 DO 1, email: frank at mute.ruhr.de