Mouseman, C9, Trackman

Dick Dunn rcd at ico.isc.com
Tue Mar 26 04:28:43 AEST 1991

grant at bluemoon.uucp (Grant DeLorean) writes:
[responding to complaint about Mouseman incompatible with C9]
> >This mouse is sold as either Left-Handed or Right-Handed and is angled
> >to the left or right depending on which flavor you get.

>  Those were a pretty bad idea, IMHO. The C9 was pretty good as it was.

Not having seen them, I can't say whether the "hand fit" works out, but at
least they figured out that if they're gonna make an asymmetric mouse, they
need two models!

> BTW, if you need something that works and works great get the Logitech
> Trackman...once you get used to it you will never want to use an upside
> down trackball (IE a mouse...) again...

I'd love to be able to use a Trackman, but it's useless to me!  I'm left-
handed, and there is NO way to adapt the thing to use with the left hand.
If you're right-handed, it's great.  (I have just enough right-hand dex-
terity to be able to judge it.)  But don't buy one for a machine shared
among people, nor if equipment has to be moved around in your office.
I can't imagine how Logitech ignored left-handed people on the Trackman
design.  I wonder, now that they've got two flavors of this Mouseman,
whether they're finally gonna wake up and make a left-handed Trackman.
--
Dick Dunn     rcd at ico.isc.com -or- ico!rcd       Boulder, CO   (303)449-2870
   The Official Colorado State Vegetable is now the "state legislator".