ISC 2.2 Hangs on disk I/O

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Mar 18 08:36:05 AEST 1991

In article <27DD916A.14624 at orion.oac.uci.edu> drector at orion.oac.uci.edu (David Rector) writes:

| I have been living with exactly these symptoms and my WD1006-SRV2 on
| my Micronics 386-20 cache motherboard system, with ISC 1.0.6 and ISC
| 2.0.2.  I actually went (I used to live near them) and beat Western
| Digital over the head about it.

  Here's a chance for the revitalized ISC support to shine! SCO has had a
fix out for this problem for over a year. I bet that if ISC asked WD
they could get the info the SCO used to solve the problem and fix it for
ISC, too.

  How about it, Marty? You've seen people say they have the problem,
too, can you continue to build on your short but impressive record for
getting fixes out of ISC quickly?

  Since this *seems* to be driver rather than kernel, it could probably
be posted, avoiding the cost associated with a crash fix to people who
don't need it. Note the doubt in my last statement... Still, the problem
has been around for several years, and SCO has demonstrated that it can
be fixed without breaking support for other controllers.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX