Interactive 386/ix on Toshiba T5200?

Alex Beylin alexb at cfctech.cfc.com
Mon Mar 4 01:20:47 AEST 1991

In article <188 at swift.UUCP> ed at swift.UUCP (Edward Betancourt) writes:
>Hi all,
>We are presently considering purchasing a Toshiba T5200 portable and
>are interested in knowing if Interactive's 386/ix will work on this machine.
>Has anyone else done this? If so, any pointers, tips? I am aware that Toshiba
>does market it's own Unix but we have software that will definitely work
>under 386/ix. Not too sure about Toshiba's. Thanks for any help.
>
>Ed

At some time in the past we have installed both the Interactive 2.2 and
SCO (not sure about the version number) on Toshiba laptops, with no
problems.  That is, we got the core systems and uucp running.

Unfortunately, the unit in question had a 40 MB hard disk drive, so
nothing else would fit!

Performance seemed tolerable, except when we made it swap, but that is
to be expected.