New packet user

Clay Jackson cjackso at uswnvg.UUCP
Tue Mar 12 02:58:46 AEST 1991

I'm a new (brand new, still waiting for my ticket) ham and I'd like to
get into the packet business - I've got an HK232 with the mailbox upgrade, and
an ICOM 24AT.  So far, I've got 'em hooked together and talking to a
dumb terminal program, but I understand that there are lots of additional
"goodies" out there.  Can kind soul get me started?

Things are complicated a little bit by the fact the the computer I'm using
as a terminal (or more?) is a Unix box, running SCO Unix (SysV) 386.  So,
I'd appreciate specific pointers to available Unix software (I can run
DOS under Unix if I have to).

Thanks!
Clay Jackson
{...uunet!uswnvg!cjackso | clayj at cjsysv.wa.com}