ISC on ALR VEISA?

Rick Furniss rickf at pmafire.inel.gov
Fri Mar 1 02:31:00 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb27.224529.14476 at grebyn.com> ckp at grebyn.com (Checkpoint Technologies) writes:

>  I'd just like to know if anyone is using Interactive Unix on the ALR
>VEISA. This machine has EISA and ISA slots, the CPU on a replaceable card,
>and is expandable to 49 Meg (apart from cards in the bus).  I've read
>enough comments on EISA in general, I'm more interested in this specific
>ALR machine and compatibility.  Thanks.
>
>--
>First comes the logo: C H E C K P O I N T  T E C H N O L O G I E S      / /
>                                                                    \\ / /
>Then, the disclaimer:  All expressed opinions are, indeed, opinions. \  / o
>Now for the witty part:    I'm pink, therefore, I'm spam!             \/

    I am using an ALR 33-486 Power Viesa system with ISC2.2,
2 Wren ESDI 340 megs each, DPT 2.5 meg cache controller, WD ethernet
16 PLUS card, 16 meg of 4 meg simms, 24 port equinox serial board, 150 Viper
Archive 150 meg tape, & a few other things.

 The things I dont like,

(1)  The tower is a small tower, making room scarce.
(2)  The memory addon board covers the use of a 16 slot.
(3)  Theres no reset switch installed.
(4)  The external cache board causes traps, an is unusable so far
     ALR is suppose to be working on it . The cache only adds 400 drystones.

   Its fast though, turning about 21400 drytones !

  These are my personal views only !

Rick Furniss
rickf at pmafire.inel.gov