ISC: getcpages - waiting for 1 contiguous pages

Oisin Hurley ohurley at cs.tcd.ie
Thu Mar 14 20:13:39 AEST 1991

Could anybody explain to me the following messages:
(I'm running ISC ver 2.2 with 8Mb main mem & 110Mb disk)

	NOTICE: getcpages - waiting for 1 contiguous page

	and

	growreg - Insufficient memory to allocate 520142 pages - system call failed

	and

	tcpcmds - Non-fatal error in unknown event: 0000000A

It's fairly obvious what they mean (well, except for the last one)
but what causes them? These appear ONLY
when I'm doing a transition from run level 2 to run level 3 and I get LOTS
of them - perhaps 4 screenfuls.
It's pissing me off marginally at this point - any help would be very welcome

Oisin Hurley TCD Ireland
ombhurley at cs.tcd.ie