looking 4 LPR/LPD 4 AT&T SYS V 3.2

W.c. Rothanburg wcr at metro.tree.metrolink.com
Wed Mar 27 21:43:11 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar21.215151.594 at stat.appstate.edu> moorejm at stat.appstate.edu writes:

      I have an enviroment of 3 Sun 4/110's 4 VAX/VMS boxes and 1 AT&T
   6386wgs running AT&T SYS V 3.2.  The SYS V box uses AT&T enhanced TCP/IP
   WIN/386.  This tcp implementation lacks lpr/lpd. 8-(  Has any one ported
   lpr/lpd to this enviroment??? *PLEASE say yes*  The other machines
   have lpr/lpd functionality and my SYS V box is the odd man out.  Any help
   in locating a port of lpr/lpd would be greatly appreciated!!!

      Note:  I know that I can just play with lp and have it do an rcp to
   another host and then an rsh print of the file on the other host.  I
   just want lpr/lpd.

I am also interested as are a few people I know.  The trick I've been
using here is to pre-process (troff, etc.) on the local machine and
pipe the printer ready output to the spooler on the remote machine.
'jetroff -t -ms -d- | /usr/ucb/rsh ncc lp -oraw' works fine for me.
Mainly I haven't felt like setting up a fake spool entry to do the rsh
either.

Bill

--
Who  : Metro Link, Inc.
What : X11.R4. for ISC Unix 386/ix, SCO Unix/386, and Everex ESIX
Sales: sales at metrolink.com
Email: wcr at metrolink.com
Phone: +1 305 970 7353
Fax  : +1 305 970 7351