BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX - WHERE IS THE FIX ?????

Art Neilson art at pilikia.pegasus.com
Sun Mar 10 14:28:15 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar09.064720.19307 at ddsw1.MCS.COM> karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:
>In article <KTRODMM at dobag.in-berlin.de> lumpi at dobag.in-berlin.de (Joern Lubkoll) writes:
>>Hello,
>>
>>interactive told us that the fix for the u-block bug would be
>>available 22.2 1991, but until now there wasn't any reaction !
>>
>>My german vendor told me, that there isn't a fix yet !
>>
>>So WHERE IS IT ????
>>
>>jl
>
>According to the sources I have with a major distributor of ISC, there is no
>fix yet.  I hammered them on this yesterday (again).
>
>ISC, THE WORLD IS GETTING PISSED OFF AT YOU.  CRAP OR GET OFF THE POT,
>GIVE US ALL A REFUND, OR LETS ALL SUE FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE!

I received a security bug fix diskette 2 days ago (Mar 7, 1991).  The
fix seems to work, I didn't have any difficulties installing it.  A
letter from ISC accompanied the fix, as well as detailed instructions
on the installation procedure.  Although the hole shouldn't have gone
so long without fixing, the ISC folks involved with coordinating the
fix and rolling out the diskettes to customers have done a good job
given such short notice.
Arthur W. Neilson III		| INET: art at pilikia.pegasus.com
Bank of Hawaii Tech Support	| UUCP: uunet!ucsd!nosc!pilikia!art