msWindows under VP/ix (general protection fault)

Paul M. Koloc pmk at prometheus.UUCP
Tue Mar 19 18:24:31 AEST 1991

Trying to upgrade the runtime ms/windows to 3.0 and upgrade
and add more packages under VP/ix.

As part of the install, since the switch to msWindows env
caused a general protection fault which blew up VP/ix, I
used the suggested network loadking procedure "expall.bat"
file etc. to expand the files into the desired directory.

The plan was then to bring up windows and complete the
"setup" from within that environment.  However, it puts
a pretty VGA windows header slide on the screen and 10
milliseconds later it crashes VP/ix .. .   ()  gpf

So do I have an VP/ix upgrade problem or Windows3.0 just
doesn't happen under VP/ix, or are there switches that
need setting.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has 3.0 working
under VP/ix.

Unfortunately, I haven't been reading these groups ..'til now
that is.