ISC 2.2 Hangs on disk I/O

William G. Bunton wgb at balkan.TNT.COM
Mon Mar 18 23:30:23 AEST 1991

In article <3446 at sixhub.UUCP> davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (bill davidsen)
writes (about ISC and WD disk controllers):
>Since it's documented to be possible I can't call it
>a bug.

Right.  And since it's documented that the u area is writeable,
allowing you to change your uid, that's not a bug either?  (Not to
pick on ISC, it just seemed a rather widely-known counter example to
the above attitude).

>"Stupidity, like virtue, is its own reward" -me

I'm sorry, but this surely seems to fit your above statement.
--
William G. Bunton              | Since it's documented to be possible, I
wgb at balkan.tnt.com             | can't call it a bug.