BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX - WHERE IS THE FIX ?????

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Mar 18 08:25:12 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar12.124642.11896 at vicstoy.UUCP> vickde at vicstoy.UUCP (Vick De Giorgio) writes:

| I got my (2.0.2 OS and CDS) fixes in the _mail_ before I got the
| complaint from Karl across the net. I (1) emailed Marty per instructions
| here, (2) got the fixes plus detailed instructions, and (3) installed
| them with no problem whatsoever. I also do _not_ have a support
| contract, as this is a personal system. Kudos to ISC.Support.Staff
| for getting the fixes written, tested and delivered. They were even
| only a week late ;-) and as a developer myself, I find that pretty
| damn good.

  The fixes were sent out by AT&T in Decenber of 1989, and the bug was
reported about six months ago. I find that totally unacceptable.
However, read on below...

| To whoever is turning the crank now at ISC support, Congratulations!
| Looks like it's working again. Thanks. =V=

  Yes! I'm hearing many people say that ISC is now doing a much better
job than they were. I trust that they are petting a greater effort into
QA to keep this type of thing from happening again. I am a firm believer
that the QA and support department should be connected, and that even
the stupid questions should be fed back to QA so that documentation can
be improved, packaging can be enhanced, etc.

  If QA does their job really well it will reduce the cost of support
greatly, but the payback is probably over a year, and that does effect
the cash flow short term.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX