Re2: HELP! GhostScript crashes w/ FP exception, revisited.

Stephen M. Youndt steve at hacker.uucp
Thu Mar 21 11:51:53 AEST 1991

Obviously, my original post needs some clarification, especially since I've
discovered some things since yesterday.

The main reason I'm having so much trouble is that sdb is basically useless
since I first have to run stuff through ansi2knr (from the distribution)
before it is compiled with the stock cc (ie. I'm using unix-cc.mak, not
unix-gcc.mak), so the object files point to all the wrong line numbers within
the source.

Now for some clarification and further information.  I don't have a '387,
but I have tried both emulation libraries (thanks to Mr. Kessner) with the same
results.  What I'm essentially after is some words of wisdom from anybody who
has compiled this puppy with the C compiler included with Esix Rev D without
the benefit of having a '387.

Thanks to those of you who've responded thus far:

>From: uunet!bubba.ma30.bull.com!jtsillas (James Tsillas)
>From: Lance Norskog <uunet!engadm3.ca41.csd.mot.com!lance>
>From: uunet!ncar.UCAR.EDU!csn!kessner!david (David Kessner)

Keep those cards and letters comming :-).  I still need lots of help.

smy
--
Stephen M. Youndt
uunet!hacker!steve