Installing SCSI Tape Drive Under Dell SVR4

vinnie at athena.mit.edu vinnie at athena.mit.edu
Mon Mar 25 04:11:15 AEST 1991

    I have an ISA 486 system with Dell SVR4 installed.  The system has an Adaptec
1542B SCSI controller, and I want to connect an internal SCSI tape drive.
I can't figure out how to configure a SCSI tape device driver into the kernel.
How do I do it?  I realize this is an RTFM kind of question, but I don't have
a manual set for SVR4.

    As an aside, which of the SVR4 manuals are worth purchasing?  I looked at
the AT&T System Administrator Guide, and although it seemed to have good info,
it directed me to look in my manufacturer-specific documentation in this case.
Would I often find the AT&T manual set so lacking in specificity?

Thanks in advance,
    Vinnie Shelton