Installing SCSI Tape Drive Under Dell SVR4

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Wed Mar 27 13:43:02 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar24.181115.5476 at athena.mit.edu> vinnie at athena.mit.edu writes:

|     I have an ISA 486 system with Dell SVR4 installed.  The system has an Adaptec
| 1542B SCSI controller, and I want to connect an internal SCSI tape drive.
| I can't figure out how to configure a SCSI tape device driver into the kernel.
| How do I do it?  I realize this is an RTFM kind of question, but I don't have
| a manual set for SVR4.

  It's there. Just hook it up (I think it was device seven, but you
might have to play with that) and it runs. The first time I tried it
worked for an install. Sure didn't need any tricks.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX