Low-cost 386 system

Michael Yokoyama michaely at uhunix1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu
Sat Mar 16 15:46:08 AEST 1991

I would appreciate suggestions on models/vendors to construct a 386
system from scratch.  Complete system would have:

     - 386/33 processor                    - 64K Cache RAM
     - 4MB main RAM                        - 100 MB or more hard disk
     - 3-1/2 and 5-1/4 high density drives - SuperVGA or VGA card & monitor
     - 1 parallel and 1 serial port        - Mouse

Best price so far is Gateway 2000 for complete system.  They want 2795
for a 80MB system.  Please email replies, I'll summarize and post the results.

  Michael M. Yokoyama                  Graduate Student; University of Hawaii
  michaely at uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu      21 deg. 19' N; 157 deg. 52' W