ESIX and Caching Motherboards

Chuck Murcko root at Topsail.ORG
Sat Mar 30 01:08:03 AEST 1991

In article <824 at oss670.UUCP> tkevans at oss670.UUCP (Tim Evans) writes:
>A photocopied "review" of ESIX System V, Rev D, which Everex
>sends out in its ESIX information package to prospective buyers
>contains the following statement:
>
>	"Our Acer's 32kb onboard cache must be disabled for
>	proper installation.  The same is probably true for
>	other machines with caches."
>
>Is this statement true?  Does anyone have any comments about this?

I use an ATEN motherboard with cache (64k) enabled, and it works just fine. I
think before the net jumps on the flame bandwagon, it would be useful to say
this is most likely a compatibility problem with one particular motherboard.
--
Chuck Murcko   The Topsail Group   538 E. Church Rd., Elkins Park, PA 19117
Internet: cmurcko at topsail.Topsail.ORG