ISC dual boot

Brandon Brown brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 13 00:33:56 AEST 1991

bill at bilver.uucp (Bill Vermillion) writes:

>In article <1991Mar4.141901.4772 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu (Brandon Brown) writes:
>>bill at polygen.uucp (Bill Poitras) writes:
>
>(prior comments on vp.ix drive access deleted)

>>Well as far as on power-up I believe someone posted a small little "boot menu"
>>for ISC to boot either to DOS or Unix on the initial boot, but I wouldn't
>>recommend it, unless you really switch between the two alot. I would use the`
>>"fdisk" commands on both Unix and DOS to switch between the two.

>Well I would surely recommend >AGAINST< fooling with the fdisk.  I have
>seen systems get wiped out with this.  Some systems furnish a dual boot, if
>not get the one posted here, or do the following (which I recommend to all
>those I work for who don't want/have the  dual boot option.

How would simply changing the active partition wipe the disk? Unless you
delete the partition, what harm could you possibly inflict?

>I have never had problem with the dual boot.

I have never had a problem with "fdisk".

|  Brandon Brown                     | Internet: brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu    |
|  Coordinated Science Laboratory    | UUCP:	 uiucuxc!addamax!brando!brown |
|  University of Illinois            | CompuServe: 73040,447                  |
|  Urbana, IL  61801                 | GEnie:    macbrando                    |