ISC dual boot

Bill Vermillion bill at bilver.uucp
Wed Mar 6 00:27:16 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar4.141901.4772 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu (Brandon Brown) writes:
>bill at polygen.uucp (Bill Poitras) writes:

(prior comments on vp.ix drive access deleted)

>Well as far as on power-up I believe someone posted a small little "boot menu"
>for ISC to boot either to DOS or Unix on the initial boot, but I wouldn't
>recommend it, unless you really switch between the two alot. I would use the`
>"fdisk" commands on both Unix and DOS to switch between the two.

Well I would surely recommend >AGAINST< fooling with the fdisk.  I have
seen systems get wiped out with this.  Some systems furnish a dual boot, if
not get the one posted here, or do the following (which I recommend to all
those I work for who don't want/have the  dual boot option.

Make a bootable DOS disk, with a switch to C: drive, and be sure to include
the comspec option to specify command.com on C:.

I have never had problem with the dual boot.

                      : bill at bilver.UUCP