wanted: UNIX or clone

Rick Kelly rmk at rmkhome.UUCP
Sun Mar 24 18:42:00 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar21.175359.15633 at murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> ih3e at pinstripe.cs.Virginia.EDU (Jan Hoenisch) writes:
>I am looking for a cheap solution to getting a UNIX or clone OS running on my
>'286.  I know this is the '386 group but the 286 group does not seem to be used
>heavily.  My question is, is there a PD UNIX OS out there or is the cheapest
>OS MINIX?  I have minix and I am looking for something for in the line of the
>large SUN os, SystemV or so.  I have looked at Coherent but I was wondering
>more of the idea of Public Domain?

For $100.00 and some time spent downloading software, Coherent is a great
deal.  It is UNIX V7 compatible with some V5 extensions.  The machine I am
posting from at this moment is running Coherent 3.1.0, Cnews, and Rn.  I have
been running Coherent since early December, and have been very pleased.

I still can't believe it's not UNIX.

There is nothing like this in the public domain.

Rick Kelly	rmk at rmkhome.UUCP	frog!rmkhome!rmk	rmk at frog.UUCP