Curses and color

mhoffos at janus.mtroyal.ab.ca mhoffos at janus.mtroyal.ab.ca
Sat Mar 16 02:13:12 AEST 1991

Does anyone out in the wide world of this newsgroup have any source that
displays text in color using curses/terminfo?  I am trying to get (*ahem*)
nethack 3p10 to use color -- the hooks are all in there, but it seems not to
work in Esix.

Using strings, I found a call in libcurses.a that indicates if the terminal can
display colors (has_color()).  It is true if the statement "colors#" is in the
terminfo for a terminal.  Any ideas?  Does anyone have a terminfo for the
console of a SYSV386 machine that they know works for color display using
curses?

If worse comes to worse, I can always hard-code the \033f;bm sequenece into the
output, but I would rather not.

Mike Hoffos
mhoffos at janus.mtroyal.ab.ca
(Mount Royal College is a community college in Calgary, Alberta)

Disclaimer:     Mount Royal College doesn't speak for me, and I *certainly*
                don't speak for it.