Can't reinstall ISC 3.2 R2.2, boot stops

Robert Bernecky rbe at yrloc.ipsa.reuter.COM
Fri Mar 1 16:13:16 AEST 1991

Ye olde Boot Stops bug, eh? I can't help you directly,
but I had problems with ISC 2.0.2 going to sleep during boot season,
when I had an IBM AT/370 card plugged into it.

I never figured out how to determine what it didn't like about the
card, but removing it made the mystery I-am-going-to-sleep-for-days
behavior turn into the normal I-am-going-to-sleep-until-youare-convinced-
I-am-broken-then-wake-up behavior.

I theenk it has to do with at/370 treatment of the address space(hole in
the 640 region somewhere, perhaps?).

Bob Bernecky
Snake Island Research Inc.