NetBIOS client software for UNIX

Robert Andersson ra at intsys.no
Fri Mar 8 06:47:48 AEST 1991

We have an investment already in a PC network using 10 MB/s thin Ethernet
cabling and Artisoft Lantastic software.

Now, we have this UNIX box sitting in a corner with users wanting to access
files on the MS-DOS fileserver and print on printers on the PC net.

Does a NetBIOS device driver and API sitting on top of the raw Ethernet
device driver exist for any 386/486 UNIX?  What about a file system type
sitting on top of that again, allowing you to mount the MS-DOS filesystem
under UNIX.  What about printer services?

Certainly, someone somewhere has done or are working on this?

I'll post a summary if there is sufficient interest.
--
Robert Andersson       Voice +47 2 371055       International Systems A/S
ra at intsys.no           Fax   +47 2 356448       P.O. Box 3356