WANGTEK 5150 PROBLEM

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Mar 18 08:51:56 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar12.205232.3927 at bluemoon.uucp> grant at bluemoon.uucp (Grant DeLorean) writes:

|  I see a little over (6-6.5) megs per minute, which I consider to be
| pretty good on this class of machine (ISA 25 Mhz 486, 1542B handling
| the WREN 6 and 7 drives and the Wangtek 5150ES). That is much better
| than the @1 meg per minute I saw when I had an Archive on a separate
| controller (ISA is limiting, don'cha know...).

  I see about 5MB/min on Archive or Wangtek with a typically fragmented
f/s, using Xenix or ODT on a 486 at 16 or 25 MHz. I get over 6 if I have
an unfragmented f/s. Both systems are ISA, so I don't see any bottleneck there.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX