Name Server

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.UUCP
Wed Feb 3 03:17:24 AEST 1988

>From some obscure group than ends in in my junk group:

  From: kdb at cscosl.ncsu.edu (Kevin D. Bond)
  Newsgroups: comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains
  Subject: Bind 4.7.3Betatest for Ultrix 2.0 available
  Date: 27 Jan 88 05:47:00 GMT

  I ported the 4.7.3 betatest version of the BIND domain name server to
  Ultrix 2.0.  I had to make a couple of minor changes to the code itself,
  such as writing strcasecmp and strncasecmp (These are poorly done, but they
  work).  I also had to change the definition of inet_addr() to be an unsigned
  long, instead of the structure that the manuals an header files claim it to
  be, it caused core dumps on execution otherwise.  I also had to use another
  version of netdb.h, so the the SUN rpc code was still set up right.

  But anyway, the code is in /pub/bind4.7.3.ultrix.tar.Z on cscosl.ncsu.edu
  (128.109.135.7).

  This may work on a Sun, since the Ultrix 2.0 kernel is mostly Sun routines,
  but I do not have access to a Sun to try the thing out.

  Have Fun, I did...

  -kdb
  --
  Kevin D. Bond