Ultrix-32m source info

pdadson at axion.bt.co.uk pdadson at axion.bt.co.uk
Fri Feb 5 05:21:17 AEST 1988

Would anyone who has access to Ultrix-32m source material,
or who has knowledge of its contents, please mail me a
schedule of what source files are included - and, in
particular, any known omissions.

I really need to know whether the source of the device
drivers for the MicroVAX 2000 and the VAXstation 2000
(MV/VS2000) are included, i.e.,
	RD54, TK50, DESVA, VS2000 Console

This mail message was prompted after reading the Ultrix-32
Software Product Description, which states:-

	"Source kits provided by DIGITAL do not necessarily
contain all source files used by DIGITAL to build binary kits,
nor is there a warranty that the source included matches that
used to generate the object code."

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Peter Dadson
pdadson at axion.bt.co.uk

British Telecom Research Laboratories
Martlesham Heath
IPSWICH IP5 7RE
National (0473) 642560		International + 44 473 642560

Peter,

We have Ultrix v2.0 and the only code which I know is
missing is LAT code.  The LAT kernel code is omitted as are
the subroutines to do things like access a printer on a
DECserver.  (Yes, that is correct.  You cannot recompile the
line printer daemon!)

We have the following drivers (among others, of course):
    RD54	vaxuba/{sdc.c,sdcreg.h} data/sdc_data.c
    TK50	vaxuba/{stc.c,stcreg.h,stcvar.h} data/stc_data.c
    DESVA	vaxif/{if_se.c,if_sereg.h} data/if_se_data.c
I'm not sure what you want for a console driver.  We have
drivers for the various tape drives in the various consoles.

	-- Art Zemon
	   By Computer:	    ...!hplabs!felix!zemon
	   By Air:	    Archer N33565
	   By Golly:	    moderator of comp.unix.ultrix