Gnodes...

Marco Zelada marco at buengc.BU.EDU
Fri May 26 08:25:15 AEST 1989

In article <2162 at blake.acs.washington.edu> mtsu at blake.UUCP (Montana State) writes:
>Is there some tunable parameter that will give me more gnodes??  I have
>an application that generates 'File table overflow' followed by
>out of gnodes messages...  I assume I'm missing an fclose() somewhere,
>but danged if I know where...  While we're on the subject... are gnodes
>abstractions of inodes??

	I had the same problem on a uVax II and I fixed it by increasing
the number of users parameter in the /sys/conf/`hostname | tr a-z A-Z` file.

	Just change the "maxusers" parameter and regenerate the kernel.

	Reguards.

| Name:	Marco Zelada, VLSI CAD Engineer	  | Tel: 617 353 9882, Fax: 353 6322 |
| Lab:	VLSI CAD Laboratory               | E-mail: marco at buengc.bu.edu      |
| Dept: Electrical & Computer Engineering | US-Mail: 44 Cummington St.	     |
| Org:  Boston University                 |	     Boston MA, 02215	     |