Spice problems on Ultrix-32 V3.0

ramcte01 at ULKYVX.BITNET ramcte01 at ULKYVX.BITNET
Fri May 26 04:44:00 AEST 1989

We are experiencing a problem with Spice (both 2g6 and 3) on our VAX
750, running Ultrix-32 V3.0 (Rev 64). We are getting the following
error message:

        *** Arithmetic Exception: Floating point overflow
        *** Execution terminated

The output file ends during/after the "Mosfet model parameters" table. This
problem did not occur under Ultrix V2.x.

Many of our Spice decks cause this to happen. Attached is a test file (from
our source tape) which exhibits the problem. Has anyone else seen this? Do
you have a fix for it?

Thanks in advance,

Rick McTeague
System Programmer
Electrical Engineering Department
Speed Scientific School
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY  40292
(502) 588-7020

RAMCTE01 at ULKYVX  (Bitnet)
RAMCTE01%ULKYVX.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU  (Internet)
{akgua,allegra,cbosgd}!psuvax1!ulkyvx.bitnet!ramcte01  (uucp)

Disclaimer: I'm a stand-up comic; if anyone takes me seriously, I'm
            doing something wrong!