Which disk to buy?

terry a jones jones at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Aug 10 14:17:11 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug9.183554.20896 at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> reha at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Reha Elci) writes:
>The new RZ55's that come in the storage expansion box are significantly
>faster than the old rz55's. I would definitely stick with them since
>reliability has been much better (in comparison to CDC Wren's etc...).
>If you want absolutely the fastest the new double cached RZ57 is as good
>as a disk gets...
>
>Reha Elci

	The only problem I see with this is the price.  I added a Conner
CP-3100 to my MicroVAX 3100.  For what DEC is charging for the RZ23, I can
buy four of the CP-3100s.  It is essentially the same drive manufactured
by Conner, with DEC's configuration and labelling added.  With a bit of
research I'm sure you can get a much better drive for your dollar, if not
the same drive.

			Terry Jones

--
Terry Jones   				{rutgers,uunet}!acsu.buffalo.edu!jones
SUNY at Buffalo ECE Dept.		  or: rutgers!ub!jones

You are in a maze of twisty little compiler features, all different.