resolver

Frederick M. Avolio avolio at decuac.dec.com
Sat Aug 25 11:20:34 AEST 1990

Let me point out that if one follows the directions and uses bindsetup and
svcsetup as instructed one wouldn't have these problems.  (I know because
I didn't do that and I forgot resolv.conf.)

ON another note, gutsy people do bind,local :-).  Seriously, it matters
very little, but the reason you want -- in a normal setup -- local first
is so that it can find nfs mount stuff, localhost, your bind servers,
etc. without waiting on bind to timeout (which is possible since we've
got named starting up way down  in the rc.local file).

Fred