Swap space question...

System Janitor hubcap at hubcap.clemson.edu
Fri Aug 10 00:09:56 AEST 1990

So -

With all this talk about swap going on, what do you think of this?...

My config file looks like:

config	vmunix	root on ra0a  swap on ra0b and ra1b and ra2b  dumps on ra2b

My fstab has:
/dev/ra1b::sw:0:0:ufs::
/dev/ra2b::sw:0:0:ufs::

And I've got ``swapon -a'' in /etc/rc...

But at boot time (or anytime I type ``swapon -a'' or ``swapon /dev/ra1b'')
I get:      ``/dev/ra1b: No such device''

The Advanced Installation Guide (on page 2.5) sez:
``The advanced installation lets you allocate two swap areas: swap1 and swap2.
(You can allocate additional swap space during day-to-day system management.
See the Guide to System Disk Maintenance for instructions on how to do this.)''

So maybe I shouldn't have three swap areas defined in my config file, but
the promised info in the Guide to System Disk Maintenance about allocating
additional swap areas is not to be found...

any ideas?...

-Mike