DPS with X11R4 Xlib

Dirk Grunwald grunwald at foobar.colorado.edu
Fri Feb 16 09:40:13 AEST 1990

I just installed Ultrix UWS 2.2 with Display Postscript.

I'd like to use Display Postscript & the X11R4 toolkit at the same
time. /usr/lib/libdps.a requires /usr/lib/libXext.a, which pulls
in symbol ``DoAsync'' from /usr/lib/libX11.a.

There is no such symbol in /usr/local/lib/libX11.a; is it safe to
use /usr/lib/libX11.a with an X11R4 version of /usr/local/lib/libXt.a
and libXaw.a?

Or, should I just append /usr/lib/libX.a to the link path so it pulls
in the needed file? I suspect I'll get duplicate symbol warnings then.

Anyone got a clue?

Dirk Grunwald -- Univ. of Colorado at Boulder	(grunwald at foobar.colorado.edu)
						(grunwald at boulder.colorado.edu)