DPS with X11R4 Xlib

Christopher A. Kent kent at wsl.dec.com
Fri Feb 16 13:36:44 AEST 1990

__DoAsyncs() is getting called as part of the DECwindows Xlib
UnlockDisplay() macro to handle any asynchronous events that have
occurred. Asynchronous events are something that's in DEC's Xlib but not
the "standard" one. Since you're not using our Xlib, you can't possibly
want to use them, so it looks like it would be safe to compile up a .o
file from this:

_DoAsyncs()
{

}

and link it in (probably between -lXext and -lX11, or earlier with a
loader command to force ld to notice the definition). I tried this with
a very simple DPS program and it appears to work.

Chris Kent	Western Software Laboratory	Digital Equipment Corporation
kent at decwrl.dec.com	decwrl!kent			(415) 853-6639