DecNet-Ultrix / TCP-IP incompatability?

Peter Kocks kocks at jessica.Stanford.EDU
Sat Feb 24 04:19:00 AEST 1990

Help.   I have two dec3100s running ultrix.  One is a client of the
other and they communicate via TCP/IP protocols.  I recently installed
DecNet-Ultrix and found that the server no longer responded to NFS
requests from the client.  My installation of DecNet was incomplete,
i.e. I did not configure the nodes.

Why does DecNet mess up the NFS file serving?  Do I have to setup the
NFS server to serve using DecNet protocols instead of standard TCP/IP
protocols?   If so why.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.