/usr/new/csh file completion and "stty newcrt"

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Tue Jan 16 07:26:57 AEST 1990

In article <21622 at unix.cis.pitt.edu> cmf at obie.cis.pitt.edu (Carl M. Fongheiser) writes:
.... ( a bit of trimming )

> My suspicion is that you're running an rn built to use termio to
> manipulate terminal characteristics instead of the sgtty style
> interface.
>
> You can either apply the latest patches to rn (to patchlevel 43) and
> rerun Configure, or you can edit config.h and change the #define
> HAVE_TERMIO (or something similar) to an #undef.

:r !grep TERMIO /usr/local/src/rn/config.h
#undef	TERMIO		/* is this a termio system? */

Next theory?  I had to do this by hand ages ago, since Configure
was under some illusion that Ultrix was SysV compatible...

> >If it's something that reading and rewriting tty parameters seems to be
> >loosing then maybe it's time for an SPR.

> It only seems to be a problem if you try to do it between line
> disciplines, i.e., change the attributes of a BSD-style terminal using
> TERMIO or TERMIOS, or change the attributes of a POSIX terminal using
> TIOCGETP and TIOCSETP.

Admittedly, there are a number of possibilities - it could be that binaries
compiled under ultrix x.y will not perserve the bits under 3.x.  It's
probably a matter of isolating cases - which programs do the funny stuff
and why...

but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at uunet.uu.net