SYSTEM logins weird

Brian White brw at hertz.njit.edu
Mon Jan 15 06:25:22 AEST 1990

In article <2877 at decuac.DEC.COM> avolio at decuac.dec.com writes:

>Well, send me your two problems and/or repost them.  Yes, people from
>the ULTRIX group read this (and no, I am not in the ULTRIX group) but
>the best bet to get fixes is still through buying support.  I guess

We have it; I'm not convinced it's worthwhile, though...

>that sounds sort of capitalistic, eh? :-).
>
>The problems Hurf is having sounds like file system problems to me...
>But I am hard-pressed to blame it on software since very few systems
>(I now know of two) have had these problems.
>
>Fred

Uhhh, make that three, Fred. Our 11/785 (running 3.1) crashed and a
*News article* showed up in place of gettytab. No login message, no baud rate
set, and 8 lines of vi hipped me to the problem, but that sure was weird....

Brian White
System Programmer
New Jersey Institute of Technology
brw at hertz.njit.edu