Managing a network of UNIX workstations

Ian! D. Allen [CGL] idallen at watcgl.waterloo.edu
Mon Jan 15 15:09:43 AEST 1990

In article <4624 at helios.ee.lbl.gov> envbvs at epb2.lbl.gov (Brian V. Smith) writes:
>Both the source and object files are stored on the remote NFS server and
>there never seems to be too much of a network load because of this.

We don't have a problem with network load either.  The compiles and such
just take twice as long over NFS as doing them right on the local disk.

    Local machine: VS3200/16Mb/RD54/Ultrix 3.0
    Server: VAX8600/32Mb/RA8[12]/4.3 BSD with McGill NFS server
-IAN! (Ian! D. Allen) idallen at watcgl.uwaterloo.ca idallen at watcgl.waterloo.edu
 [129.97.128.64]  Computer Graphics Lab/University of Waterloo/Ontario/Canada