Logging dlogin session to VMS

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Fri Jan 5 15:34:31 AEST 1990

In article <1995 at eric.mpr.ca> murphy at eric.mpr.ca (Gail Murphy) writes:
> Hi
>
> I would like to connect to a VMS machine from an Ultrix workstation
> and log the session. I know "dlogin -l " will accomplish this
> but the log file does not seem to be written until the remote
> session is closed.  Is there a way to accomplish this with the
> log file immediately visible on the Ultrix side?

Using the Ultrix "script" command and then invoking dlogin is a
reasonably close approach to what you want.  The output will still
be buffered - i.e. somewhat behind the terminal activity, but it
is still available as it goes.

Are you sure that dlogin -l doesn't record as it goes, with a similar
buffering issue?

Note that older versions of Ultrix/VMS acted funny with "script" and
you had to use control/V for a line terminator...  Don't ask me...

but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at uunet.uu.net