SYSTEM logins weird

Frederick M. Avolio avolio at decuac.dec.com
Sat Jan 13 13:51:37 AEST 1990

In article <1453 at jimi.cs.unlv.edu> greg at duke.cs.unlv.edu (Greg Wohletz) writes:
>hmm, this has happened several times to me as well.  Ultrix 3.1 has
>been quite a headache ever since I upgraded from 2.0.  I've posted two
>messages about various problems I have had and recieved NO replies
>whatsoever.  Doesn't anyone from the ultrix group read this newsgroup?
>
>    	    	    	    	    	--Greg

Well, send me your two problems and/or repost them.  Yes, people from
the ULTRIX group read this (and no, I am not in the ULTRIX group) but
the best bet to get fixes is still through buying support.  I guess
that sounds sort of capitalistic, eh? :-).

The problems Hurf is having sounds like file system problems to me...
But I am hard-pressed to blame it on software since very few systems
(I now know of two) have had these problems.

Fred